Dear Franklin at Alma families,
Mesa Public Schools will have early release on Friday, September 30th. Students will be dismissed at 12:45pm.
There is no school from October 3 - 10. School will resume on Tuesday, October 11th.
Arts & Letters Contest
The Arts and Letters Contest showcases the creative talents of our K - 6th grade students. Students may submit an entry for one or more of the following categories. Entries are due on Thursday, October 13th by 3:30pm.
- Story with Illustration (K - 1st)
- Poetry Recitation (K - 6th)
- Artwork – Coloring (K-6th)
- Artwork - Painting (K - 6th)
- Black and White Drawing (2nd - 6th)
- Three-Dimensional Artwork (2nd - 6th)
- Creative Writing (2nd - 6th)
- Poetry Writing (3rd - 6th)
- Photography (3rd - 6th)
For more information about the rules and how to enter, please see the Arts & Letters Packet below.
Franklin at Alma Arts & Letters Contest
Entry Form_Arts & Letters Contest
Today your child participated in a Bus Evacuation drill. This drill teaches all students in K - 6th grade how to appropriately ride on the bus and what to do in case of an emergency.
Mother Daughter Evening
Girls in 4th, 5th, and 6th grade received an invitation to attend a Mother Daughter Evening on Monday, October 17th at 6:30pm. The student and a female adult (mother, aunt, grandma, etc.) are welcome to attend to learn about growth and development. If you have any questions about the program, please feel free to contact the office or the school nurse.
Thank you parents for attending parent teacher conferences and the book fair last week. We all enjoyed sharing your child’s accomplishments during the first grading period with you. If you didn’t get a chance to purchase a book at the book fair, you can shop online until October 2nd.
FPO (Franklin Parent Organization)
The next FPO meeting is on Tuesday, October 11th at 6:30pm. We will be discussing ideas for a school fundraiser and ideas for Movie Night. Please see the attached flyer from the FPO.
- Sep 30
- Early Release at 12:45pm
- Oct 3 - 10
- Fall Break/No School
- Oct 11
- FPO Meeting at 6:30pm in the library
- Oct 13
- Arts & Letters entries due
- Oct 17
- Picture retakes/Class photos
- Mother Daughter Evening at 6:30pm in the MPR
- Oct 18 - 19
- Poetry Recitation judging
- Oct 28
- Fall Classroom Parties 1:45pm - 2:45pm
- Nov 4
- Early Release at 12:45pm (End of the Grading Period)
- Movie Night from 5pm - 8pm
Mrs. de Jesus, Principal
Franklin at Alma calendar: Franklin at Alma Calendar 2022-2023
Franklin at Alma website: https://www.mpsaz.org/
Franklin at Alma FPO website: https://franklinatalma.com/
Facebook: Franklin at Alma FPO facebook